Have you ever experienced the frustration that often comes with trying to book the cheapest flight possible? Well, if you have, you probably already know that you’re not the only one. Many of us have tried, failed and gotten frustrated, but there are also people who put some effort into finding out the best and quickest ways of doing it. And their tricks actually work most of the time. Here are some tips that will help you succeed like they did.
– Book ahead – The cheapest tickets always go first, so do yourself a favor and be one of those people who book their flights weeks ahead. It’s the safest and, in most cases, the cheapest way of flying.
– Be flexible when it comes to dates – If it’s possible, don’t fix your dates. Airfare rates tend to vary substantially, and you’ll be amazed at what kind of a difference a single day can make. Flying a day early in most cases won’t do you any harm, and it could save you a fortune.
– Travel in off-season – Whenever possible, avoid the crowds. The higher the demand, the higher the prices.
– What about other airports? – Don’t give up if you can’t find a cheap flight from the closest airport. The fares vary significantly from one airport to another, so include nearby cities in your search as well. They just might have what you’ve been looking for.
– Book last-minute flights – Last-minute flights can be a lot cheaper because they’re released when the airlines fail to fill their planes and decide to cut the prices accordingly. It’s certainly riskier, but you can definitely profit from it.
– Be flexible when it comes to destination – This tip will do you no good if you’re going on a business trip or just have to get to a certain place, but it should come in handy to those who want to go to a vacation or travel around with no particular destination in mind. When you’re flexible, you have more options to choose from and a bigger chance of getting the cheapest rates.
– Fly with two airlines instead of one – In some cases you’ll have to pay a lot less for two one-way tickets than for a single round one. Be sure to check the cheapest one-way ticket rates with multiple airlines, combine them and enjoy saving your money just like that.